Get up and receive the latest headlines! Here’s a rundown of everything you need to know to get a good start on Thursday.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Wet with a shower in places. High: 86 Low: 78.
Check out these best stories from all over the land:
- Of the 161 active cases of COVIVD-19 throughout the country, 83 percent are grouped together in Sainte-Croix. The good news is that the COVID-19 positivity rate has fallen below 3%. Although authorities have warned residents not to let their guard down, yet. (Source Saint-Thomas)
- Police say they arrested a St. Thomas man in connection with the ice cream store heist on September 18. The man faces several charges. (U.S. Virgin Islands crest)
- After several days without water, Students from Ricardo Richards Primary School will return to class on October 14. WAPA teams and school maintenance workers successfully repaired an underground pipe that had disrupted the water service. (U.S. Virgin Islands crest)
- Street Level VI awards the Hughley Prince Fellowship to the Academy of the New Testament (St. Thomas Source)
- The owners of Frenchman’s Reef Hotel and Resort in St. Thomas has announced plans to reopen the resort in late 2022. Fortress Investment Group bought the complex in April. It was closed for several years due to severe damage from the 2017 hurricanes. On Tuesday, the owners reported to the Economic Development Authority and pledged to spend $ 402 million to rebuild the property. (Daily News from the Virgin Islands)
today US Virgin Islands Daily is brought to you through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Looking for something to do this weekend? Stay tuned for our list of events coming out Thursday afternoon.
Seen on social networks:
- Government House – US Virgin Islands: “Governor Albert Bryan Jr. and First Lady Yolanda Bryan stand in solidarity with the courageous women and men who fight breast cancer and honor the memory of those who have lost the fight.” (Facebook)
- Miss Naturalista, a new store at Yacht Haven Grande in St. Thomas, is getting extensive coverage. Denise Benjamin opened the first Miss Naturalista in Sainte-Croix. With business booming, she expanded her activities to St. Thomas. (Daily News from the Virgin Islands)
- Friends of the Virgin Islands National Park: âJoin park ranger Laurel Brannick on the Francis Bay Salt Trail every Friday starting at 7:30 am. Park at the entrance to the Francis Bay Trail, next to the small sugar factory.â (Facebook)
Showcase your local business in this US Virgin Islands location Daily for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
That’s it, guys! See you tomorrow morning with a new update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashleigh Baldwin
About me: Hello! I am the editor of Patch Community News for the US Virgin Islands. I am here to provide some news that you can use. Do you have a tip, question or comment? Please contact me at [email protected] or 215-534-1014.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming US Virgin Islands Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at [email protected]